Thursday, March 18, 2010

"In the Valley"


8" x 10" Oil on Canvas


Sold!
I'm working on a new painting, but I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd post an older painting. I Painted this one a view months back at the start of the Virginia blizzards.

This is kind of an imaginary landscape. The trees in the foreground are adapted from a photo I took of some trees in the Hone Quarry Recreation Area in the George Washington National Park in Virginia. The house and everything in the background is imaginary, but it looks like the type of place you might see in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I tried to make the house/barn the center of focus by using cool, dark colors in the foreground and warm, bright colors in the background. The reddish color of the house contrasted against the dark green of the pines in front of the mountain hopefully serve to force your eye to the house. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment