Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Reflections of Her"


8" x 10" Oil on Canvas
Offers accepted via email

This is my younger sister in her kayak on the Piankatank River at sunset.

I went with another triadic color scheme of Cobalt blue, cadmium yellow light and cadmium red light, plus viridian green for the kayak. In my opinion, mixing primary colors to create color variations is much less of a hassle than buying and using premixed tubes of color. There are thousands of premixed color variations out there, but it is possible to create the same variations by mixing a small number of primary and secondary colors.

I used a combination of brush and knife today. I laid in the base colors with brushes and used knives to spackle on thicker layers of paint. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! That's me! I love it! I love everything you've been painting... I show all the girls at work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reflections of you! Thanks, glad you like it...

    ReplyDelete