Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Dive Boat"


12" x 16" Oil on Canvas
Offers Accepted
Today's lesson: They can't all be masterpieces! Unlike my last painting that was a joy to paint, this one not so much. I felt like I was fighting with the paint and I never could get the balance quite right. Plus, I may have gone a little nuts with the knives. I got cocky after the last painting, but they put me back in my place today. There is a lot more mixing of color involved with this painting and my lack of experience with the knives became obvious. I guess it's all part of the learning process. The beauty is in your eyes right?

This is the one of the dive boats from Hamanasi Resort in Belize where my wife and I went for our honeymoon. Hamanasi is a small dive resort on the central coast of Belize in the Stann Creek District on the Caribbean Sea. I can't recommend the place enough if you're the type of person who does not enjoy crowds and a touristy, spring break type atmosphere. My wife and I did two dives during the week in addition to kayaking a jungle river, hiking through the jungle to a waterfall, tubing through a Mayan cave, snorkeling and a whole lot of good eating.

The boat is similar to the dead rise boats that the commercial crabbers use on the Chesapeake Bay. It has a V shaped hull so that it cuts through the waves,a center steering console, and a flat deck for easy maneuverability and equipment storage, plus, two, 225 horsepower Johnson outboard engines that really make it move.

No comments:

Post a Comment