Sunday, September 28, 2014

Virgin River, Utah

Virgin River, Utah
8" x 10" oil on canvas panel
$70 plus shipping

This is the Virgin River in Zion National Park, Utah.  I mentioned this a few posts ago, but we camped here for three nights during our trip out west.  There were no bathrooms, so our only method of bathing was to hop in the river.  The average daytime temperature during our time in the park was over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, however, the water temperature was 55 degrees.  Refreshing to say the least.  Our little spot by the river was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

On another note - I've mentioned this before, but it is often more difficult for me to get a decent photo of my paintings than it is to paint them.  I spent two hours this morning trying to take post-worthy photos of my last six paintings.  It's useless to paint an awesome painting and then post a photo that doesn't do it justice.  All of these paintings look better in person than they do online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment