Friday, December 10, 2010

'Heads Above Water'



16" x 20" Oil on panel
Sold

This is Harper's Ferry, West Virginia.  I guess it was around 3pm, but the sun was already going down on the town because of the steep hills to the south and west.   I tried to exaggerate the contrast of the cool shadows on the street and storefronts against the warm sun on the rooftops still peeking out.

In other news...My show at the Marriott landed another exhibit opportunity in Poolesville, MD at the "Connection Cafe."  Poolesville is a little bit out there, but it's a great opportunity to showcase my work and it sounds as though I can hang as many pieces as I want between January and March, 2011.   Thanks for the opportunity!

Between work and traveling EVERY SINGLE weekend I haven't had time to paint as much.  I do have a few things laying around that I need to post, but my plan, if I get some time over the holidays, is to work on a series of semi-abstract paintings with actual color schemes based on some images from Washington, DC.  I'm hoping at least one of them will be quite large in size...So look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment