Friday, June 10, 2011

'Avocado with Spoon'


6" x 8" Oil on Canvas Panel
Sold!

I was going to do a set; one with the pit in and spoon inverse and one with the pit removed and spoon concave...Didn't quite work out as planned.  I squirted lemon juice over the avocado which is supposed to stop it from browning, but by the time I was done with the first painting, the second half of the avocado was brown and I didn't feel like painting another one.  I like the way this turned out though - it's cheap, and would look nice hanging in your kitchen, or dining room.

By the way...best way, in my opinion, to remove the inside of an avocado is to cut it in half as shown above, remove the pit and make lengthwise slices.  Then, take your spoon and scoop it out...Try putting the slices on some toast...

Send me your commissions.

1 comment:

  1. I call dibs!! :)

    I also already sent an email to you about it, and gchatted your wife- just making sure to cover all my bases.

    ReplyDelete