Sunday, November 28, 2010

"Strange Path"



8" x 10" Oil on Panel
Sold

Yeah, it's a little strange, but I like it. I just wanted to mix things up a little because I'm getting pretty tired of everything I've been painting. In the coming year I plan to make to some changes to my painting methods (not that this painting is indicative of those changes). I think you can learn a lot by painting in studio from photo references as a beginner, but I'm starting to think that for me to truly evolve as a painter, I've got to get outside and stay outside.

You reach plateaus as a painter as you do in any artistic field and lately I've felt like the colors are there, the composition is there, the subject, but the paintings are still lacking and the only thing I can pin it to is a lack of spontaneity that I think, (I hope), will come from painting primarily outdoors. This might mean less frequent blog posts, but hopefully it will also mean the next step in my growth as a painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment