Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Fence Line


Fence Line

8" x 10" oil on board

Inquire by email

This is the seventh of seven Highland County paintings - I'm saving my favorite for last.  I painted this quickly because the sun was going down, and I like the looseness.  This is the view looking southeast so I got to stand in the shade on the side of the house as the sun was setting diagonally behind me. I had been standing in the sun all day, so the shade felt as good as jumping in the river had earlier in the day. When the sun sets at the cabin, the cows seem to take up a conversation, each mooing its own distinct moo.  Sometimes the conversation dies, only to be revived a minute later by a braying that sounds more like a donkey than a cow. Once started, they all have to get a word in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment