Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Country Crab Apple

 

Country Crab Apple

8" x 8" oil on board

Inquire by email

The first of SEVEN paintings that I completed in three days during my annual painting retreat to Highland County, VA. 

I told myself this was going to be kind of a warmup.  I asked for and received a new travel easel that if you've read this blog before, you've heard me talk about getting for years.  So this was a test run, but I started to like what I was seeing, so I finished it out. 

The new easel and tripod worked great and they definitely had a positive impact on the paintings I completed during this trip. Setup with my old easel was ten minutes of fury with parts breaking and balancing things so my panels didn't fall out on the ground. Now, I snap the pochade box onto the tripod and I'm ready to paint. There's no way I could have completed seven paintings in three days with my previous setup.  So thanks!  



3 comments:

  1. Love the oranges with the yellow and green

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I am anonymous I used to be E for Enice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird - sometimes you show up as Enice and sometimes you're anonymous...Either way, thanks! Feel free to share with your friends. I need to get rid of some of these!

      Delete