Sunday, October 4, 2026

Meadowlark Plein Air

 

Meadowlark Plein Air

8" x 8" oil on board

Inquire by email 

I painted this on a warm day back in March at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna, VA.  FCPS had the day off and for some reason, I didn't think the park would be crowded.  I was wrong...I don't usually paint in high traffic areas so it was a little nerve wracking. I was amazed by the attention I received while painting as well as the lack of regard people had for my viewpoint.  I purposely chose an out of the way spot but that didn't stop people from putting down blankets or standing DIRECTLY in front of me. I had people taking pictures of me and my painting and all sorts of questions.  It was wild, and I didn't like the first painting I did (this is not it). So for this painting, I moved to an even more out of the way spot - basically a grove of pine trees in a far off edge of the gardens where I only saw a few people. As always, I see things I don't love about the painting after the fact but, overall, I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment